Burger King Corp. has announced that its flagship Whopper Bar in New York City's Times Square will introduce the NY pizza burger in early September.
Made for sharing and served in slices, the pizza burger will be served on a 9 1/2-inch sesame seed bun with four Whopper patties and topped with popular pizza ingredients such as pepperoni and mozzarella.
The Whopper Bar will feature various versions of Burger King's signature burger and a customizable menu and will continue to showcase new products.
The Whopper Bar menu includes:
- The Meat Beast Whopper sandwich, available for the first time, featuring a flame-broiled Whopper patty, bacon, pepperoni, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, American cheese and ketchup on a sesame seed bun;
- The Bourbon Whopper sandwich, which is topped with onion rings and a bourbon-flavored sauce;
- The Pepper Bacon Steakhouse XT burger topped with pepper bacon and melted cheddar cheese;
- The BK Black & Bleu STEAKHOUSE XT burger, named for the bold taste of blue cheese and blackened Cajun sauce;
- The California Whopper sandwich, topped with guacamole, crispy bacon and Swiss cheese;
- The Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich, served on a toasted ciabatta bun made with whole grains, with a flame-grilled chicken filet, lettuce and tomato.
Additionally, guests can choose unique toppings such as guacamole and pepper bacon.
Burger King's first Whopper Bar opened at the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Fla. in 2009.
With the opening of NYC's Whopper Bar, there will are now eight Whopper Bar restaurants worldwide, including in Singapore, Venezuela, Spain, Memphis and Miami's South Beach.
The Whopper Bar, a complementary concept for the Burger King brand, features a modern, bar-like design that utilizes the Whopper sandwich's flame-broiling as inspiration. Future developments of the concept are planned.