Chick-fil-A restaurants will celebrate Free FryDay March 4 by offering a free medium order of Waffle Potato Fries between 2 and 4 p.m. The giveaway promotion coincides with Heinz’s nationwide launch of its Dip & Squeeze Ketchup, a new packaging innovation that allows for both dipping and squeezing and holds three times as much ketchup as its traditional packet.
Chick-fil-A is the first restaurant partner to carry Dip & Squeeze Ketchup nationwide. Heinz will roll out the new packaging in select quick-service restaurants in the coming months.
First upgrade in 42 years
The Dip & Squeeze Ketchup is Heinz’s first packaging upgrade in 42 years. The innovation was unveiled in 2010 and promoted through a 5,500-mile "Heinz Ketchup Road Trip," a mobile tour providing an opportunity for fans to try the new package, along with free fries, and offer their feedback.
John Bennett, vice president of marketing at Heinz, said the response has so far been overwhelmingly positive.
“People have been telling us that they love the convenience and functionality of the new package, and we are thrilled that it is now available to people nationwide,” he said.
Although the mobile tour has ended, Heinz continues to solicit consumer feedback and offer promotional prizes with the rollout, including:
- Facebook: Fans are asked to post FryDay photos of dipping and squeezing in action on the Heinz Ketchup and Chick-fil-A pages.
- Twitter: Twitter users can follow @DipAndSqueeze and @ChickfilA and use the hashtag #FreeFryDay to answer trivia questions for a chance to win Heinz and Chick-fil-A prizes.
- Mobile Game: With the new Dip & Squeeze Ketchup Craze Mobile Game now available for free on iTunes, dipping and squeezing skills can be tested in 10 different games, from dipping nuggets to squeezing ketchup onto a burger.
- Locator Application: To find the closest Chick-fil-A restaurant serving Heinz Dip & Squeeze Ketchup, check out the Dip & Squeeze Ketchup Locator.
- YouTube Channel: For more ketchup-themed entertainment including “Great Moments in Ketchup” and other videos, visit the Heinz Dip & Squeeze Ketchup YouTube channel – YouTube.com/HeinzDipAndSqueeze.