Dunkin' Donuts has teamed up with Picture Mosaics LLC to launch a social media-driven promotion in conjunction with its "What Are You Drinkin'" campaign.
The promotion is entirely driven by Twitter hashtags and Facebook posts. To be a part of the mosaic, fans just have to tweet using the #ddwayd hashtag or make a post on the Facebook wall feed. Fans who are able to participate will help in creating the world's largest hashtag photo mosaic.
Picture Mosaics, a technology and graphic design company, facilitated the effort.
Fans of Dunkin' Donuts can share what they are drinking by simply tweeting using the hashtag #ddwayd or visiting Facebook to make a post.
Along with full Facebook integration, the photo mosaic took advantage the following features:
- Quick and easy submission with hashtags and FB posts;
- Dynamic in-mosaic photo tour for search results and external links;
- Animated tunneling to a specific photo on searches and external links;
- Search highlight boxes;
- Direct photo sharing with photos within the mosaic on Facebook and Twitter;
- Profile photo moderation and review per Dunkin' Donuts' guidelines; and
- Expanding mosaic photo grid.
Picture Mosaics has developed many social and interactive online mosaics for other groups including Disney, eHarmony, Jeep, Pedigree and Pampers.