Sarku Japan continues its aggressive expansion efforts with the opening of three restaurants in Colombia, South America. This initiative is part of a multi-year master license agreement with Frisby S.A. to develop a minimum of 20 Sarku Japan restaurants in the country throughout the next 10 years.
Frisby intends to open five more restaurants before the end of this year, including three in Medellin (El Tesoro Mall, Oviedo Mall and Molinos Mall), one in Cali (Chipichape Mall) and one in Bogota (Calima Mall).
"We're pleased that Frisby Corporation is enjoying early success in Colombia," said Ben Kitay, president, Sarku Japan. "Colombia is a vibrant and dynamic market for us to begin our South American expansion. We look forward to a long standing and mutually beneficial relationship as the Colombian people are introduced to the Sarku Japan brand and discover our delicious Japanese cuisine."
Franchising opportunities in the U.S.
Sarku Japan's U.S. expansion plans will be bolstered by franchising. Accordingly, the chain is hosting seminars in major metro markets this fall for those interested in operating a franchise.
Bruce Kim, Sarku Japan's director of Franchise Development, will provide advice on
franchise ownership and explain the benefits of business ownership in this economy.
Seminar admission is free with limited seating. For reservations call 1-800-668-3858, e-mail email@example.com or visit or visit www.sarkujapan.com.
Upcoming events include:
- Sept. 14, Bethesda Marriott Suites, 6711 Democracy Blvd., Bethesda, Md., 20817; 1 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 28, Marriott Hotel at Brooklyn Bridge, 333 Adams Street, Brooklyn, N.Y., 11201; 1 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 12, Fairview Park Marriott Hotel, 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Va., 22042, 1 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 19, JW Marriott Hotel Houston, 5150 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas, 77056, 1 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 26, Teaneck Marriott Hotel at Glenpointe, 100 Frank W Burr Blvd., Teaneck, N.J., 07666, 1 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
Sarku Japan forecasts 1,000 new units to open in the U.S. and abroad within the next 10 years.
Read more about franchising and growth.