The 2012 Chick-fil-A Leadercast event, set for May 4 at the University of Texas at Austin, will feature 10 speakers known for their leadership skills, including NFL quarterback Tim Tebow, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien and best-selling author John Maxwell.
The one-day leadership training event will be broadcast live via satellite from Atlanta to hundreds of cities around the world. The event is titled "The Choices You Make Define the Leader You Become."
The Leadercast broadcast is hosted by the Division of Continuing and Innovative Education (CIE) on the university's J.J. Pickle Research Campus.
This year marks the second consecutive year that CIE has hosted the broadcast in Austin. Registration is open online.
The full line-up of speakers includes:
- Soledad O'Brien, Anchor and special correspondent for CNN
- Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner and best-selling author
- Patrick Lencioni, Best-selling author and president of The Table Group
- John Maxwell, Leadership expert & author of "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership"
- Marcus Buckingham, Strengths strategist, author and researcher
- Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
- Roland Fryer, Professor at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory
- Urban Meyer, ESPN analyst and head football coach for The Ohio State University
- Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author
- Sheena Iyengar, Author of "The Art of Choosing" and world-renowned expert of choice
"The line-up of speakers is exceptional. Participants can expect to hear practical advice and inspiring examples of how to improve their leadership skills so that they, in turn, can make a difference in the lives of those they influence, including employees and clients," said Stacy McCracken, CIE's deputy director for External Relations.
Read more about operations management.