Dunkin' Donuts is celebrating the first day of summer with a Twitter sweepstakes that offers fans the chance to win a $50 Dunkin' Donuts card.
The "Summer Coolstice" sweepstakes takes place all day on Twitter at @DunkinDonuts. Followers who tweet their favorite variety of Dunkin' Donuts' Coolatta frozen drinks, using the special hashtag #DDCoolstice, will be entered for a chance to win.
Dunkin' Donuts' Trip Planner
Also, Dunkin' Donuts' Trip Planner allows travelers to map out all of the Dunkin' Donuts restaurants along their summer road trip. Customers type in a start and end address and the Trip Planner provides the most direct route in addition to a list of accessible Dunkin' Donuts restaurants along the way. Directions also can be sent to a mobile phone for easier access.
Dunkin' Donuts commissioned an independent survey of more than 1,000 Americans across the country to learn more about how people "stay cool" before and during a summer vacation, weekend getaway, or day trip. According to the results:
- Approximately 59 percent of people make at least two or more stops for food or drinks during their summer road trip. Approximately one-third of people (31 percent) stop three times or more.
- Exactly half of people (50 percent) claim to have either a little or a lot of stress over packing for a trip.
- Nearly three-quarters of people (74 percent) claim they make their food and drink stops spontaneously as needed. Only 15 percent of people plan their food and drink stops at the start of their summer road trip.
- More than one-third (36 percent) of people use a GPS or other travel technology to identify food and drink stops during summer road trips.
- Twenty percent of people claim they sometimes or always argue with their road trip mates.
- Which member of the family usually needs to make the most food or drink stops during a summer road trip? Thirty-nine percent say it's themselves, while 24 percent claim it's the kids and another 15 percent say it's their spouse or significant other.
Read more about online and social media campaigns.