McDonald's hosted its sixth annual Creative Directors' Forum this week, bringing together its agency partners around the world and celebrating 15 Lion wins at the 59th Annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
The goal of the Creative Directors Forum is to inspire new ideas and encourage global dialogue, and this year's event was the advertiser's most widely attended yet. Creative agencies representing 20 countries ideated new ways to keep McDonald's nearly 10-year ad campaign, "i'm lovin' it," fresh and relevant.
"Our strong performance at Cannes and the Effies is the result of trusting partnerships between our marketing and agency leaders around the world. The vitality of 'i'm lovin' it' continues to give us a loud global voice with relevant local accents," said Dean Barrett, global marketing officer, McDonald's Corporation.
At the Cannes Lions Awards ceremonies this week, McDonald's won 15 Lions and was named the world's most effective brand by the 2012 Effie Effectiveness Index for the second year in a row. Lion wins included Gold, Silver and Bronze in the Press, Media, Mobile, Outdoor, and Promo categories.
The Cannes Festival of Creativity draws more than 24,000 entries from all over the world.
McDonald's Lion wins include:
- Silver - Best Use of Outdoor -- Hamburger Timetable -- DDB Warsaw (Poland);
- Silver - Retail and E-Commerce, Including Restaurants -- Hamburger Timetable -- DDB Warsaw (Poland);
- Bronze - Best Use of Print -- Smelling Like Coffee -- OMD Chile Santiago (Chile);
- Bronze - Best Localised Campaign -- Koreans' Big Mac Song! -- Starcom Mediavest Group Seoul (South Korea);
- Bronze - Best Use of Mobile Devices -- McDonald's Extended Hours -- OMD UK London (United Kingdom);
- Bronze - Best Use of Integrated Media -- Coin Hunting -- OMD Denmark Copenhagen (Denmark);
- Outdoor Bronze - Retail Stores, Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets -- Fry Lights -- Leo Burnett Chicago (USA)
- Bronze - Use of Multiple Screens or Networked Mobile Technology -- Pick N Play -- DDB Stockholm (Sweden);
- Bronze - Products -- Pick N Play -- DDB Stockholm (Sweden);
- Bronze - Best Integrated Campaign Led by Mobile -- McDonald's Coin Hunters -- DDB Copenhagen (Denmark)
Bronze - Retail (including Restaurants) -- Hamburger Timetable -- DDB Warsaw (Poland)
- Gold - Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets -- Kids Birthday Parties -- DDB South Africa Johannesberg (South Africa);
- Gold - Illustration -- Kids Birthday Parties -- DDB South Africa Johannesburg (South Africa);
- Bronze - Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets -- McCAFE -- DDB Tribal Group Vienna (Austria);
- Bronze - Copywriting -- Kids Birthday Parties -- DDB South Africa Johannesburg (South Africa).
Read more about marketing and branding.