To help celebrate National Ice Cream Day, Baskin-Robbins is holding a Twitter sweepstakes July 15 to give ice cream lovers a chance to win $260 in Baskin-Robbins gift cards, enough for an annual supply.
On that day, followers of @BaskinRobbins who Tweet their favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor using the special hashtag #BRflavors will be entered for the chance to win.
Also, with National Ice Cream Month underway, Baskin-Robbins commissioned an independent survey of 1,000 U.S. respondents to get insight on Americans' ice cream consumption. According to the survey, 82 percent of Americans plan to enjoy ice cream during National Ice Cream Month this year.
"National Ice Cream Month is a great time to celebrate the special place ice cream has in our lives and to enjoy your favorite flavor with friends and family," said Dan Wheeler, Baskin-Robbins' U.S. vice president of brand and field marketing. "We're excited to share some insights into America's ice cream preferences from our survey, and to give one of our fans $260 in Baskin-Robbins gift cards through the Baskin-Robbins National Ice Cream Day Twitter Sweepstakes."
Other results from the survey include:
- Seventy-seven percent of respondents said they eat ice cream at least once a month, 42 percent said they eat ice cream at least once a week, and five percent said they eat ice cream every day.
- Seventy percent of respondents prefer to eat ice cream in a cup rather than on a cone.
- More than 60 percent of Americans prefer hard scoop ice cream to soft serve.
- Thirty-two percent choose ice cream cake as the best option for summer parties, over brownies, pies or cookies.
- Vanilla and chocolate were tied for respondents' favorite ice cream flavor, followed by Cookies n' Cream and Mint Chocolate Chip.
- Hot fudge topped the list for favorite ice cream topping, followed by caramel sauce and chopped nuts.
Read more about social media marketing.