Edible Arrangements founder and CEO Tariq Farid recognized top performing franchisees at the company's seventh annual International Convention recently in Orlando, Fla.
The company's top awards went to:
- Reva Gartzke of Austin, Texas, was named Edible Arrangements' North American Franchisee of the Year. Gartzke owns four locations in Austin, Round Rock and Cedar Park, Texas.
- Nourah Al-Rossais of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, was named International Franchisee of the Year.
- Jim Echols of Charlotte, N.C., received the WOW Award recognizing a franchisee that "wow's" customers and the corporate office on a regular basis.
- Maurice Welton of McAllen, Texas, received the President's Award, selected by Farid to recognize someone who is a true evangelist for the brand on a daily basis. Welton has locations in McAllen, Brownsville and Harlingen, Texas, and a store coming soon to Weslaco.
- Sarah Contreras of El Paso, Texas, who was named the Manager of the Year.
"It's thanks to our amazing network of franchisees that Edible Arrangements has reached over 1,000 stores around the world," Farid said. "The franchise owners honored this year consistently deliver the highest quality product, hospitality and service to guests and we are proud to recognize so many of them for their achievements."
Recipients of Edible Arrangements' signature "Pineapple Star" award include single-store and multi-unit operators from regions across the U.S., Canada, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Pineapple Star winners include:
- Cathleen & Robert Schneider of Catsonsville, Md., Pineapple Star Mid-Atlantic Region;
- Judy & Albert Annunziata of Newburgh, N.Y., Pineapple Star Northeast Region;
- Greg Cieslak of Mundelein, Ill., Pineapple Star Midwest Region;
- Jehah & Rebecca Hannoush of Lake Mary, Fla., Pineapple Star Southeast Region;
- Claudine Moon & Laurie Vork of Roseville, Minn., Pineapple Star Central Region;
- Lisa & Steven Durst of Pleasanton, Calif., Pineapple Star West Region;
- David Nixon & Elaine Macdonald of Ottawa, Ontario, Pineapple Star Canada; and
- Jianyi Wang & Zhigang Liu of Beijing, China, Pineapple Star International.
The chain also recognized top operators for customer service, the Edible Idea award and Vendor of the Year. Those recipients include:
- Michelle Walker & Marcy Moore of Daphne, Ala., Customer Service Award;
- Robert Mignosi & Moses Zambrano of Philadelphia, Best Multi-Unit Owner;
- TeLena Matthews of Garden Grove, Calif., Edible Idea Award;
- Nicholas & Emma D'alleva of Beverly, Mass., Outstanding My Store Marketing;
- The Hershey Company, Vendor of the Year;
- Rushi, Rita & Vijay Sukharamawala & Shreya Patel of Philadelphia, Highest Sales: Under 24 Months;
- Samir & Madhvi Daftary of Bellevue, Wash., Highest Sales: 24-36 Months;
- Thomas & James Stratford of Washington, D.C., Highest Sales: 36+ Months;
- Ibrahim & Hashim Choudhry of Moreno, Calif., Highest Sales: Mother's Day; and
- Robert Mignosi & Moses Zambrano of Philadelphia, Highest Sales: Valentine's Day.
Read more franchising news.