For the fall season, Dunkin' Donuts has introduced new seasonal food and beverages featuring pumpkin and apple flavors.
Included in the fall lineup are new Pumpkin K-Cup packs, available for a limited time at participating restaurants. The new variety of the brand's K-Cup packs is for use with the Keurig K-Cup Brewing System, allowing guests to make Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin coffee in individually-sized portions at home.
Pumpkin is the latest offering in Dunkin's K-Cup line, following original and limited-time mocha. The K-Cup offering has generated positive sales for the company since its launch last year. CEO Nigel Travis said the K-Cups contributed approximately 40 percent of Dunkin' U.S.'s total comp increase during the second quarter 2012.
Additional Dunkin' Donuts fall items, available for a limited time at participating restaurants, include:
- New Apple Orchard Donuts and Munchkins: Dunkin' Donuts' new Apple Orchard Donut – and Munchkin donut hole treat – features apple cider-flavored cake donuts with cinnamon sugar topping.
- New Apple Crisp Muffin: A cinnamon flavored muffin with apples, caramel and an apple crisp streusel topping.
- New Homestyle Apple Pie: A warm, braided pie with real apple filling topped with cinnamon and sugar.
- Apple Cider: Dunkin' Donuts' Apple Cider is available hot or iced.
- New Pumpkin Cream Cheese: Dunkin' Donuts' cream cheese is now available in pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin Coffee and Latte: Dunkin's coffee and lattes now include pumpkin flavor, available in both hot and iced.
- Pumpkin Packaged Coffee: Available in a special 8 oz. size at participating restaurants.
- Pumpkin Donut and Munchkins: The glazed pumpkin cake donut is also available as a Munchkin donut hole treat.
- Pumpkin Muffin: The Pumpkin Muffin is a spiced autumn offering topped with creamy white icing and sweet streusel crumbs.
More pumpkin-flavored menu items will be rolled out at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants beginning in October. Dunkin' Donuts will announce the offerings on the brand's official Facebook and Twitter pages within the coming weeks.
"Dunkin' Donuts' fall flavors serve as a hallmark of this nostalgic season, and the return of pumpkin and apple food and beverages is something we always look forward to offering our guests," said Stan Frankenthaler, executive chef and vice president of Product Innovation at parent company Dunkin' Brands. "This year, we're excited to bring back some fan favorites, along with a host of new options, so that guests can enjoy the flavors of fall served up fast and fresh at any time of day."
Expansion in Illinois
Additionally, Dunkin' Donuts has announced the signing of multi-unit store development agreements with two franchise groups to develop three new restaurants in Illinois throughout the next several years.
The two franchise groups and their development plans include:
- Sujal Patel plans to develop one restaurant in Pontiac. The restaurant is planned to open in 2013.
- Aziz Nathani, a current multi-unit Dunkin' Donuts Franchisee, plans to develop two additional restaurants in LaSalle and Ottawa. The first restaurant is planned to open in 2013, and the second in 2014.
Franchise opportunities are still available in Illinois, in the cities of Decatur and Champaign.
"Our secret to success is our passionate franchisees who provide a high-level of customer service to our guests every day," said Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of Development, Dunkin' Brands. "We believe these new franchisee partners will cultivate lasting customer relationships and become integral parts of their local communities."