As the new school year gets underway at universities throughout the country, Dunkin' Donuts today announced that 10 new restaurants have opened or will open at campuses across the country.
The list of universities that have opened new Dunkin' Donuts restaurants this summer or plan to open new locations later this fall includes colleges throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southern United States, including:
- Emory University – opened on June 25
- Providence College – opened on Aug. 20
- SUNY – Old Westbury – opened on Aug. 23
- Seton Hall University – opened on Aug. 30
- University of Alabama Tuscaloosa – opened on Sept. 1
- Middle Tennessee State University – anticipated opening on Sept. 15
- University of Baltimore – anticipated opening on Sept. 20
- Montclair State University – anticipated opening on Oct. 15
- Virginia Tech – anticipated opening on Oct. 15
- Liberty University – anticipated opening on Oct. 15
These institutions join other colleges and universities that have brought Dunkin' Donuts to campus in recent years, including Boston University, New York University, University of North Carolina Wilmington, Georgia Tech, Florida International University, Bowling Green State University and George Washington University.
Dunkin' Donuts offers a variety of models to suit a university setting, including full retail shops and kiosks.
"Universities turn to Dunkin' Donuts to provide a valuable amenity for the entire school community and an important incentive to attract students. Millions of people rely on Dunkin' Donuts' food and beverages to keep them running all throughout the day, and by adding Dunkin' Donuts, universities not only stand out by providing an affordable place where students can enjoy great-tasting food and beverages on campus, but also can distinguish themselves to current and prospective students who want to enjoy America's favorite coffee and maintain a familiar part of their daily lives as conveniently as possible," said Grant Benson, vice president of Franchising at parent company Dunkin' Brands.
With more than 7,000 Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the U.S., the company has plans to more than double its current number of restaurants throughout the next 20 years. To support this growth, Dunkin' Donuts has launched new restaurants in several non-traditional locations, including universities, airports, hotels, sports stadiums and amusement parks.
Read more about franchising and growth.