Six of Whataburger's executive team members have been promoted to new leadership roles. All of them will take on expanded responsibilities for their new positions.
- Clifton Rutledge, who has served as Whataburger Restaurants chief operations officer, will take on the new role of senior vice president and chief operating officer of Whataburger Restaurants.
- Dino Del Nano, formerly vice president business systems and supply chain solutions, will now serve as senior vice president of Whataburger retail.
- James Turcotte, previously vice president of properties and facilities, will assume the new role of senior vice president of Whataburger real estate.
- Edward E. Nelson, Jr., who held the role of chief financial officer, will take on the new role of senior vice president and chief financial officer of Whataburger retail, restaurants and real estate.
- Michael Gibbs, formerly vice president and general counsel, will now serve as senior vice president and general counsel of Whataburger retail, restaurants and real estate.
- Rich Scheffler, previously group director for marketing and innovation, has been promoted to the role of vice president of marketing and innovation for Whataburger.
According to a company press release, through these executive team promotions, Whataburger will explore growth opportunities.
"We are thrilled about the accomplishments of these exceptional leaders. We look forward to seeing each of them continue to excel in their expanded leadership roles as they help Whataburger move forward in this next phase of growth," said Preston Atkinson, Whataburger CEO.
Read more about operations management.