On Feb. 25, the new, contemporary Wendy's logo will begin appearing in advertising, on product packaging, crew uniforms, new restaurant signage, menuboards and digital assets. The contemporary logo was created to further emphasize the Wendy cameo while retaining the familiar Wendy's "wave" design.
"Wendy's brand transformation is re-energizing all of our touchpoints with consumers," said Emil Brolick, president and CEO. "We're transforming our brand — from bold restaurant designs to innovative food that consumers want, to improved customer service. This exciting evolution of our brand reinforces our mission to position Wendy's as A Cut Above."
The ongoing Wendy's brand transformation includes the following new or recently launched components:
- Packaging, including cups, bags and other items, has a new look which will roll out in restaurants beginning March.
- New Crew Uniforms are coming to Wendy's throughout North America starting in June.
- Menu Innovations emphasize "high-quality ingredients, fresh preparation and menu variety." Wendy's recently introduced the Right Price Right Size Menu, an expanded value menu including six items at 99 cents and others ranging from 99 cents to $1.99. Other products recently introduced include Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburgers, Asiago Ranch Chicken Sandwich, a line of premium salad entrees, center-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon and skin-on russet potato French fries sprinkled with sea salt.
- The new Image Activation restaurants feature modern designs with lounge seating with fireplaces, flatscreen TVs, Wi-Fi and digital menuboards. As of Jan. 31, more than 75 Image Activation restaurants were reimaged or newly constructed. Another 200 reimages are planned this year throughout North America and new designs are under way in international markets. The goal is to reimage 50 percent of company restaurants in North America by the end of 2015. Average sales volumes for Image Activation restaurants have increased more than 25 percent over the prior year.
- Engagement with Consumers continues to expand. Wendy's recently launched its biggest digital effort yet — the "Claim Your Taste" experience, claimyourtaste.com. This is the first of a three-part yearlong effort to support the Right Price Right Size Menu. Wendy's mobile nutrition app allows customers to personalize meals based on the amount of calories and save as their favorites. Also, a complete overhaul of wendys.com will premiere this spring.
- Re-energized Advertising introduced nearly a year ago features two campaigns — one with the character Red, and another with the brand's namesake, Wendy Thomas.
"Every brand evolves over time to maintain relevance with consumers," said Craig Bahner, chief marketing officer. "We're transforming our brand to signal a new dynamic company that's listening and responding to consumer needs."
Read more about marketing and branding efforts.