Earlier this week, Cinnabon began soliciting marketing ideas from its Facebook fans. The brand kicked off the effort by posting: "Marketing ideas for Cinnabon? Go! #fansourcing"
The campaign has so far generated about 80 comments, with ideas such as:
- Cupcakes with Cinnabons;
- Expansion into Australia, the Netherlands, Germany and more;
- Launching products for those with special diets (gluten-free, sugar-free);
- Motivational quotes on the packaging;
- Featuring a flavor of the month;
- Mobile phone notifications alerting fans when rolls have come out of the oven;
- More standalone locations;
- Sampling stations in major retailers;
- Instagram deals that offer 25 percent off for photos and special hashtags;
- New flavors such as chocolate chip, s'mores, turtle, strawberry, etc.;
- New icing flavors — alternatives to cinnamon;
- Offering baking classes;
- The tagline: "That's how we roll;"
- Loyalty cards that offer free Cinnabons for free after a certain amount of purchases; and
- Cinnabon ice cream and specialty coffees.
Cinnabon's agency, Be The Change Revolutions, also mined marketing ideas for Cinnabon through its Facebook page, saying that the brand's president, Kat Cole, is listening. Offering different glaze flavors and infusing Cinnabons with bacon were among the highlights from that page's feedback.
Stay tuned to see if any of these ideas come to fruition.
Read more about social media marketing.