Ahead of National Taco Day, Oct. 4, Taco Bell has compiled statistics about the company, and has ranked its top-selling markets for each of its most popular products.
The Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco is the fourth highest seller for the brand, after being on the market for just over a year. The company reported last June that it was the most successful product launch in brand history.
In the product's first 10 weeks, 100 million DLTs were sold. Odessa, Texas, is the product's top selling market. Odessa residents are also fond of the newly-launched Fiery Doritos Locos Taco, which ranked No. 6 on the list.
Although Taco Bell has sold close to 700 million Doritos Locos Tacos since it launched in March of 2012, the chain's original crunchy taco still remains the best selling taco at the brand's 6,500-plus restaurants nationwide.
The top 10 selling tacos in the Taco Bell system, and their top-selling cities include:
- Crunchy Taco, Whittier Calif.
- Soft Taco, Corinth, Miss.
- Crunchy Taco Supreme, Lawrence, Kan.
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco, Odessa, Texas
- Soft Taco Supreme, Beckley, W. Va.
- Fiery Doritos Locos Taco, Odessa, Texas
- Fiery DLT Supreme, Bronx, N.Y.
- Cool Ranch Supreme, Bronx, N.Y.
- Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- Cool Ranch DLT, Vineland, N.J.
Read more about trends and statistics.