Dunkin' Donuts announced today the signing of a multi-unit store development agreement with five existing franchise groups to develop 22 new restaurants throughout the Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area throughout the next several years.
The five franchise groups and their development plans include:
- Existing franchisee Arun Mandi plans to develop eight restaurants throughout Washington, D.C. and Virginia. Mandi currently operates 28 locations in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. His next restaurant is planned to open in 2015.
- Existing franchise group Goldwater LLC plans to develop two restaurants throughout Washington, D.C. This group currently owns and operates three restaurants throughout the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Its next restaurant is planned for 2015 with an additional location opening the following year.
- Existing franchise group Andy Cabral with Vigario Management plans to develop two restaurants in Manassas, Va. This group currently owns and operates six Dunkin' Donuts restaurants throughout Virginia. Its next restaurant is planned to open this year.
- Existing franchisees George and Nick Nistazo plan to develop nine restaurants throughout the Greater Washington, D.C. area. The duo currently owns and operates restaurants throughout Maryland and Delaware. Their next restaurant is planned for 2016.
- Existing franchisees Guarang and Nilkanth Patel plan to develop one Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combination location in Baltimore. This duo currently owns and operates 15 restaurants throughout Baltimore and Washington, D.C. This restaurant is planned to open in Spring 2014.
The Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area is currently home to 283 restaurants and Dunkin' Donuts is pursuing opportunities to further develop the market with both existing and new franchisees.
Read more about franchising and growth.