After a busy 2012, Burger King has introduced another wave of new menu items including chicken nuggets, which have been added permanently.
The new, bite-sized chicken nuggets are made with premium white meat and feature chicken on the inside and a crispy tempura-style batter on the outside. Burger King has six sauces available for dipping, including honey mustard, ranch, sweet and sour, Buffalo, barbecue or Zesty. The new chicken nuggets are offered in four-piece, six-piece or 10-piece servings at the suggested retail price of $1, $1.99 and $2.69, respectively.
Starting Jan. 7, a 20-piece chicken nugget offering will also be available at the special price of $4.29.
Also new to the menu, and available for a limited time:
- Avocado Swiss Whopper Sandwich: Made with USDA-certified beef, topped with naturally smoked thick-cut bacon, melted Swiss cheese, a creamy avocado spread, lettuce, tomatoes and a zesty avocado aioli, all on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a Whopper Jr. Sandwich. Suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19, respectively.
- Cheesy Tots: Back by popular demand, these bite-sized snacks features a crispy outside, and a mixture of potatoes and American cheese on the inside. Available in eight-piece, 10-piece or 12-piece servings. Suggested retail price starts at $1.99.
- Philly Original Chicken Sandwich: An Original Chicken Sandwich topped with traditional Philly-style toppings including red and green bell peppers, seasoned grilled onions with two types of melted cheese, all served on a toasted sesame bun. Suggested retail price starts at $4.29.
- Italian Original Chicken Sandwich: A twist on the classic Original Chicken Sandwich, the Italian version contains a lightly-breaded chicken fillet topped with a slice of melted, natural mozzarella cheese, and sweet and tangy marinara sauce, all served on a toasted sesame seed bun. Suggested retail price starts at $4.29.
- Molten Fudge Bites: Warm, bite-sized treats that feature a fudge-brownie outside and molten chocolate filling on the inside. They are dusted with powdered sugar. Suggested retail price starts at $1.69.
- Molten Fudge Sundae: A made-to-order sundae with vanilla soft serve combined with Molten Fudge Bites and finished with chocolate fudge and a buttery caramel swirl. Suggested retail price starts at $2.29.
"As we move into 2013, we are focused on continuing to deliver best-in-class products to our guests, and thrilled to kick it all off with the new chicken nuggets at BK," said Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer, Burger King Worldwide. "With something for everyone, our new limited-time menu options give guests even more delicious reasons to visit Burger King restaurants in the New Year."
Since 3G Capital acquired Burger King in 2010, the brand has rolled out a new breakfast menu, overhauled its french fries and, in April 2012, added more than a dozen new items — marking its broadest menu expansion in its 58-year history. For measure, Burger King introduced a barbecue-themed summer menu and a fall menu highlighted by chicken offerings. In celebration of the Whopper's 55th anniversary recently, BK also unveiled a Wisconsin White Cheddar Whopper and an Angry Whopper.
Check out Burger King's new items here.
Read more about food and beverage launches.
Alicia has been a professional journalist for 15 years. Her work with FastCasual.com, QSRweb.com and PizzaMarketplace.com has been featured in publications around the world, including NPR, Good Morning America, Voice of Russia radio, Consumerist.com and Franchise Asia magazine.