Arby's launches $5.01 combo meals
Sept. 29, 2009
Arby's has launched a new round of combos aimed at drawing more consumers drawn to the $5 price point. Priced at $5.01 — with the tagline "Worth every penny" — the combos include one of five sandwiches, including three new offerings, plus a small curly fry and small drink.
The sandwiches available in the $5.01 combo offering include:
- Regular Roast Beef, featuring Arby's classic oven roasted, thinly sliced roast beef served on a sesame seed bun
- French Dip & Swiss Toasted Sub, a classic favorite with thinly sliced roast beef and melted Swiss on a toasted ciabatta roll served with a side of au jus for dipping
- Roast Beef Gyro, a new twist on the classic Greek sandwich, featuring oven roasted, thinly sliced roast beef, red onion, tomato, lettuce, Gyro seasonings and sauce on flatbread
- Classic Patty Melt, a new toasted sandwich with classic Roast Beef topped with Thousand Island spread, Swiss cheese, sautÃ©ed onion and chargrill seasoning served on toasted sourdough bread
- Roast Chicken Ranch, another toasted offering featuring Arby's new oven roasted, thinly sliced chicken with red onion, lettuce, tomato and a tangy Peppercorn ranch sauce on toasted sourdough bread
The new sandwiches and combo deals are permanent menu offerings.
In the company's latest earnings report, Roland Smith, president and CEO of the Wendy's/Arby's Group, Arby's parent company, said July sales were boosted by a $5 BBQ Bacon Cheddar Roastburger combo meal. The company has struggled with declining same-store sales during the recession although its latest quarterly comps trended upward slightly. Smith said in the earning call that he expects the combination of the brand's premium products and more affordable options like the combo meals will further improve Arby's sales trends in the next two quarters.
Food & Beverage