Jan. 10, 2013
Baskin-Robbins has selected the top 10 finalists of its third annual Create Baskin's Next Favorite Flavor Contest. Fans are now invited to vote online for their favorite selection from the final 10 from now through Jan. 17. The winning creation will be featured as Flavor of the Month sometime this year.
The 10 finalists include:
- Blondie Ambition, David O., Cayce, S.C.: Cream cheese ice cream with a caramel cinnamon ribbon, Heath Bar pieces and blondie brownie pieces.
- Caramel Cashew Cheesecake, Jodi W., Racine, Wisc.: Cheesecake ice cream with a salty caramel ribbon, cashews and chocolate chips.
- French Silk Pie, Julie R., Chesterland, Ohio: Chocolate ice cream with a salty caramel ribbon, pie crust pieces and chocolate chips.
- Give Me a BR-AKE, Akta S., Chicago,: Cake batter ice cream with a dark fudge ribbon, cookie dough pieces and fudge brownie pieces.
- Hunky D'Oreo, Liz D., Eastchester, N.Y.: Chocolate fudge ice cream with a whipped cream ribbon, Oreo cookie pieces and cookie dough pieces.
- Mom's Secret Stash, Sue S., Glendale Heights, Ill.: Milk chocolate ice cream with a caramel ribbon, cheesecake pieces and pecans.
- Peppermint Bark, Joyce P., Westwood, N.J.: White mousse with a dark fudge ribbon, peppermint candy and chocolate flakes.
- Thank You Troops, Heather G., Herriman, Utah: Vanilla ice cream with a blueberry ribbon, cherries and strawberries.
- Tickle Me Pink, Sandi W., West Bend, Wisc.: Raspberry ice cream with a confetti ribbon, golden cake pieces and confetti sprinkles.
- White Raspberry Tuxedo, Justin P., Ocean Springs, Miss.: White mousse with a black raspberry ribbon, cheesecake pieces and walnuts.
"As a member of the Baskin-Robbins culinary team, one of my favorite tasks is judging submissions for the Create Baskin's Next Favorite Flavor Contest," said Paul Racicot, director of Research and Development for Baskin-Robbins. "It was quite the challenge considering all of the amazing entries we received this year, but we narrowed the selection down to 10 mouth-watering finalists. We're excited to see which flavor ice cream lovers nationwide choose as the winner of this year's contest."
Each finalist in the contest will receive free ice cream for a year and a trip for two to Los Angeles, which includes a three-night stay at a landmark hotel, car rental, $1,000 in spending money and a trip to Baskin-Robbins' West Coast training center. At the training center, the winner will meet members of the Baskin-Robbins culinary team and spend a day bringing their virtual flavor to life.
Thousands of fans participated in the contest, which ran from Nov. 1 through Nov. 30.
Read more about marketing and promotions.