Cold Stone, Tim Hortons roll out Academy Awards-inspired treats
Feb. 21, 2013
Cold Stone Creamery and Tim Hortons co-branded units in Canada now feature the Oscar Signature ice cream creations lineup, inspired by Sunday's Academy Awards. This is the third year Cold Stone has promoted Oscar-themed items.
This year's menu and coinciding movies include:
- Life of Pi's "Richard Parker" features chocolate ice cream, Oreo cookie pieces and orange Gummi Bears.
- Beasts of the Southern Wild's "Oh So Dreamy Ice Cream Bar" includes French Vanilla ice cream, surrounded by a chocolaty and almond coating.
- Silver Linings Playbook's unofficial sweet treat of "The Eagles" football team includes mint ice cream, chocolate chips and fudge.
- Zero Dark Thirty's "Midnight Thirty Delight" includes layers of Devil's food cake and chocolate ice cream with chocolate shavings and fudge, wrapped in a rich fudge ganache.
- Django Unchained is being promoted via Tim Hortons Double Double Coffee Ice Cream, with Reese Peanut Butter Cups and a sprinkle of dark chocolate shavings, to provide extra energy for Django and Dr. Schultz in their quest to find Broomhilda.
- Argo's promotion is a red and white ice cream cake to celebrate the Canadian Embassy's contribution to the declassified true story. The Cake Batter Confetti is made of layers of Devil's food cake and Cake Batter Ice Cream, wrapped in white frosting and topped off with sprinkles.
- Les Miserables' French vanilla ice cream, strawberries and yellow cake combination is made in the version of a traditional French crepe.
- And finally, the Lincoln includes Strawberry ice cream, blueberries and whipped topping, a red, white and blue Signature Creation to honor the president.
Read more about food and beverage promotions.
Food & Beverage
Marketing / Branding / Promotion
Recommended For You