Nov. 19, 2012
McDonald's restaurants in the greater Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto, Calif., areas are now showcasing three new varieties of the Quarter Pounder with Cheese: Habanero Ranch, Deluxe and Bacon and Cheese.
The Sacramento region is one of the first to feature these twists on the classic Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
"This is an exciting time for McDonald's in Northern California as we bring in three new burgers that add a thrilling new twist to the popular Quarter Pounder with Cheese," said Steve Ramirez, a local McDonald's franchisee. "Our customers in Northern California will be one of the first to be introduced to these delicious new flavors that capture the great taste of the Quarter Pounder with Cheese with new, creative toppings and additions that are sure to please."
- The Quarter Pounder Habanero Ranch features white cheddar cheese, hickory-smoked bacon, leaf lettuce, red tomato and habanero ranch sauce;
- The Quarter Pounder Deluxe includes American cheese, tomato, leaf lettuce, red onion, crinkle-cut pickles, mayo and mustard;
- The Quarter Pounder Bacon and Cheese features American cheese, hickory-smoked bacon, red onion, crinkle-cut pickles, ketchup and mustard.
Northern California McDonald's restaurants participating in the program reside in the following counties: Sacramento, Placer, Nevada, Sutter, Yuba, Yolo, El Dorado (not including S. Lake Tahoe restaurants), Solano (not including restaurants west of Fairfield), San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Amador, Calaveras, Tuolumne and Colusa.
Additionally, Atlanta and Austin, Texas, McDonald's restaurants are reportedly testing a healthier version of the McMuffin, called the Egg White Delight.
According to BurgerBusiness.com, the item includes an English muffin, cheese, Canadian bacon and an egg white center. It has 260 calories versus the 300 calories found in McDonald's regular Egg McMuffin.
The new breakfast sandwich is being sold for $1 and it could potentially be rolled out nationwide in 2013.
5 Under $5
Finally, participating McDonald's restaurants across New England and Albany, N.Y., have added the new "5 Extra Value Meals Under $5" menu.
With 5 Under $5, McDonald's offers customers core favorites, such as the Big Mac and Filet-O-Fish, as a meal alongside McDonald's french fries and a soft drink for under $5. The five featured meals are:
- Big Mac, medium fries, medium soft drink;
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese, medium fries, medium soft drink;
- Filet-O-Fish, medium fries, medium soft drink;
- 10-Piece Chicken McNuggets, medium fries, medium soft drink; and
- Two Cheeseburgers, medium fries, medium soft drink.
"Our launch of the 5 Extra Value Meals Under $5 menu allows us to better meet our customers' desire for quality food at a great price with the convenience we're known for," said Nicole, DiNoia, communications manager for the Boston Region. "Now our customers can enjoy some core McDonald's favorites as a medium meal for a great value, every day. This is exciting news for our region and our customers."
Read more about food promotions.