Nov. 1, 2011
NEC Display Solutions announced today its newest addition to its professional grade X Series of displays, the high-bright 46-inch X462HB. The new X462HB is a 46-inch professional-grade large screen display that is designed to handle the demands of 24/7, outdoor operations.
NEC Product Manager for Large Screen Displays Rachel Karnani said that the new display will be popular with retail and quick-service restaurant owners who need bright displays to accommodate high ambient lighting conditions or outdoor installations.
"The improvement of NEC's high-bright display addresses the concerns of customers who require a polarized solution," she said in the announcement. "The 1080p resolution is another upgrade that our customers will appreciate for content creation purposes."
The new model adds full 1080p high-definition to help improve the presentation of content on menu boards, video walls and outdoor digital signage.
The X462HB includes a quarter-lambda polarizing film that allows for outdoor viewing with polarized sunglasses, which is essential for QSR owners who want to ensure customers can easily read drive-thru menu boards with any type of polarized eyewear.
The X462HB includes the following additional features:
- Professional-grade LCD panel with advanced thermal protection and sealed panel design for the most formidable digital signage industry requirements
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Brightness of 1200 cd/m² (typical) and contrast ratio of 3500:1 (typical) enable vibrant image quality
- Power consumption of 320W (typical, <0.5W in standby)
- Full digital connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- RS-232C, Ethernet (RJ45), IR Remote and DDC/CI enable automated email notifications for diagnostic purposes and multi-display control
- Built-in expansion slot allows for seamless integration of future third-party components
- AmbiBrightT ambient light sensor to automate brightness according to existing lighting conditions
- Landscape and portrait orientations
- Network Control and Communication allows the highest level of remote display management
- TileMatrixT technology for video walls up to 100 displays
- 24/7 scheduler with real-time clock
- Optional accessories and products for the X462HB include the Display Wall Calibrator Color Calibration Kit, SpectraViewIIT Color Calibration Kit, stand, wall mount, speakers, single board computers, external PC, IPTV tuner, external TV tuner, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card.
The X462HB will be available in December 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $3,899. The display ships with a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
Read more about digital signage display technology.