Jan. 31, 2014
McDonald's franchisees in the New York-Tri-State area are kicking off the Super Bowl XLVIII celebration with a variety of activities for customers, from commemorative merchandise and food promotions to McCafe Premium Roast Coffee sampling for fans on Super Bowl Boulevard Engineered by GMC.
"On behalf of local McDonald's business owners in the Tri-State area, we extend a welcome to fans from all over the country to one of the most exciting events in sports history taking place in our own backyard," Tony Scari, a local New Jersey McDonald's franchisee, said in a news release.
Other activities include:
- McDonald's street teams will be serving free McCafe Premium Roast Coffee to keep fans warm on Super Bowl Boulevard Engineered by GMC from noon to 10 p.m., Feb. 1. Fans will be encouraged to join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #PoweredbyMcCafe for a chance to win food and prizes from local McDonald's restaurants.
- Special in-restaurant Super Bowl XLVIII commemorative merchandise and promotions will be available, including a 40-piece Chicken McNugget party pack to share with friends while watching the game. A themed Super Bowl XLVIII poster is available for 25 cents with any purchase and proceeds will be donated to local NY Tri-State Ronald McDonald House Charities. Commemorative Super Bowl Arch gift cards will also be available at all McDonald's restaurants for purchase.
- Fans will have the ability to power up and recharge cell phones at charging stations in five McDonald's restaurants around Super Bowl Boulevard Engineered by GMC. They are located at: 341 5th Ave. (Between 33rd & 34th); 490 8th Ave. (Between 34th & 35th); 556 7th Ave. (40th Street); 220 West 42nd St. (Between 7th & 8th Ave); 1560 Broadway (Times Square)
- A contest where fans around the country are invited to share a photo on Twitter or Instagram of themselves getting excited for The Big Game using the hashtag #McDSuperBowlSelfie. The best photos will be displayed at mcdonaldsnytristate.com/selfie.
- NFL Rush Zone Happy Meal toy sales at the McDonald's located at NY's Herald Square through Feb. 6, while supplies last.
Read more about marketing and promotions.