NRA announces 2009 Kitchen Innovations Award recipients
Feb. 19, 2009
CHICAGO — The National Restaurant Association has announced the recipients of its prestigious Kitchen Innovations (KI) Awards for 2009. All the KI products will be showcased in an interactive demonstration area at the 2009 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show at Chicago's McCormick Place, May 16-19.
The 2009 Kitchen Innovations Award recipients are:
- Advanced Composite Materials LLC — Silar Microwave Flatstone: Silar Flatstone speed-bakes fresh-dough pizzas in microwave-convection ovens in less than three minutes.
- Arctic Industries Inc. — Desmon USA: Desmon Refrigerators are "knock-downs" for assembly and installation in impossible-to-access areas.
- Eneron Inc. — Turbo Pot: Turbo Pots feature an advanced fins-design base that reduces gas range cook time and energy use by 50 percent.
- Everpure LLC — MRS-Envi-RO 600: Envi-RO Reverse Osmosis system averages 78 percent water conversion efficiency and features 600 gallons/day capacity.
- Frymaster, Manitowoc Foodservice — Gas Protector: Gas Protector's 30-pound fry pot delivers the production capacity of 50-pound fryers and auto oil replenishment.
- Garland, Manitowoc Foodservice — Garland Restaurant Range: Xpress Clam Shell Grills can be pre-programmed with up to 30 easily adjustable platens-gap settings.
- Halton — M.A.R.V.E.L. Demand Control System: M.A.R.V.E.L. Control System integrates multiple hoods on a common duct that individually adjust exhaust and replacement air.
- Henny Penny Corp. — Evolution Elite: Evolution Elite's SmartFryer Express enables operators to conduct as-needed oil filtering in four minutes.
- Hobart — Hobart's Bluetooth-enabled Combi Oven with Barcode Scanner: Bluetooth-Enabled Combi Oven with barcode scanner automatically controls the cooking program and features wireless exchange of recipes.
- Irinox USA — CP Multi Function Holding Cabinet: CP Multi Function Holding Cabinets provide combined temperature and humidity control for fresh or frozen foods.
- Kairak — BLU Technology Prep Table: BLU Series Prep Tables circulate glycol coolant through maximum contact chiller plates, requiring no defrosting.
- Lincoln Foodservice Products, Manitowoc Foodservice — Quest EMS Energy Management System: Quest Energy Management reduces air flow, combined with fastBake finger profiling technology, to maintain uniform heating and recovery to full performance within 45 seconds.
- Market Forge Industries Inc. — 3500 Power Plus: Power Plus boiler based convection steamer with jacketed kettles uses 80 percent less water and 30 percent less energy.
- Power Soak Systems Inc. — High Powered Silverware Pre-Washing System: High Powered Silverware Pre-Washing system uses a unique push/pull technology, allowing only one-pass washing.
- Rational USA — Self Cooking Center with CareControl: Self Cooking Center with CareControl features automated de-liming to eliminate filters, labor, and down time.
- Somat Co. — eCorect Waste Decomposer: eCorect Waste Decomposer provides automated on-site reduction of compostable food waste by 90 percent.
- Viking Range Corp., Commercial Division — Modular Range Design: Modular Range and Suites design allows flexibility of changing individual modules before and after installation.
- Winston Industries — CVap Universal Holding Bin Cabinet: CVap Universal Holding cabinets allow operators to serve directly from the cabinet with optimum conditions.
Equipment & Supplies
National Restaurant Association
National Restaurant Association
Recommended For You