IRVINE, Calif. — Taco Bell is rolling out its new Fresco Menu, offering nine Mexican-inspired menu items each with less than nine grams of fat, at participating Taco Bell locations nationwide starting Dec. 31, 2007.
The Fresco Menu offers grilled, marinated all-white-meat chicken, seasoned beef and Carne Asada Steak. The items feature a freshly prepared Fiesta Salsa — a mix of diced tomatoes, white onions and cilantro that replaces cheese and sauce, with five calories per serving and no fat.
Menu items are:
- Fresco Crunchy Taco: 8 grams of fat, 150 calories
- Fresco Burrito Supreme — Chicken: 8 grams of fat, 330 calories
- Fresco Burrito Supreme — Steak: 8 grams of fat, 330 calories
- Fresco Bean Burrito: 7 grams of fat, 330 calories
- Fresco Fiesta Burrito — Chicken: 8 grams of fat, 330 calories
- Fresco Soft Taco — 7 grams of fat, 180 calories
- Fresco Zesty Chicken Border Bowl — 8 grams of fat, 350 calories
- Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco — 4.5 grams of fat, 160 calories
- Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco — 4 grams of fat, 170 calories
The new menu will be supported with dedicated Fresco Menu boards in restaurants and in the drive-thrus, as well as point-of-purchase materials such as tray liners, posters and brochures. Print ads, which feature the headline "It's Your Choice," compare Fresco Menu items against popular hamburgers and will appear in women's and fitness publications.