A Sonic 'boom'
Sonic Drive-in has signed five new agreements for franchise development, mostly in the eastern half of the nation, a news release said. The largely South and Central Plains mainstay is now moving into greater Washington, D.C., New York City, the Ohio River Valley, Alabama, Virginia and Washington state.
Franchisees involved include:
- Men of Grace, LLC is developing sites in Washington, D.C. and northern Virginia;
- Northfork Holdings is acquiring 21 existing drive-ins in the Ohio River Valley, Tennessee and Missouri, with 21 more planned over the next decade;
- SD-Missouri acquired drive-ins in Alabama, Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia, with 20 more in markets where they currently operate;
- Eng LLC has agreed to develop a series of New York City drive-ins in five boroughs; and
- Olympic Cascade LLC will build 11 drive-ins in Washington state by 2027.
"With nearly 94 percent of the system franchise owned, a 64-year history and our unique menu, Sonic is a great choice for entrepreneurs interested in building their business with an established, franchise centric brand that enjoys high consumer demand and room for growth," Sonic Senior Vice President for Development Drew Ritger, Jr., said in the release.