Spreading the love: Chains offering freebies in honor of National Sandwich Day
At least two per week: that's how many sandwiches 70 percent of Americans eat on a weekly basis, according to Jersey Mike's Trend Tracker survey. To honor National Sandwich Day (Nov. 3), the chain polled 95,749 consumers to reveal some surprising sandwich eating habits, including:
- 32 percent said they eat sandwiches three to five times per week.
- Baby Boomers (ages 52-70) eat the most sandwiches with 44 percent claiming to eat three subs or more a week compared to 35 percent of Generation Xers and millennials.
- 64 percent said subs were their favorite types of sandwiches, while grilled came in second with 11 percent, and the deli came in third with 10 percent of the votes.
- Half of all respondents (51 percent) prefer to eat their sub at home.
- 31 percent prefer to eat theirs at a sandwich shop.
In celebration of National Sandwich Day, Jersey Mike's is offering a $2 Off Any Regular Sub Coupon to its email club members and fans on social media. It's not the only chain spreading the sandwich love today. Check out the list of freebies below.
The fast casual chain is offering six club sandwiches for $4 at all participating locations, according to a company press release.
In a nod to the artistry that goes into putting these 13-layer sandwiches together, McAlister's has collaborated with a group of renown food artists - Samantha Lee, Selena Kohng, Jill Mills and Harley Langberg, to create one-of-a-kind masterpieces using the ingredients of their club sandwiches. These masterpieces will be rolling out next week on Facebook and Instagram.
Customers will not only receive a free sub with the purchase of a sub and a drink but the chain will also donate a meal for Feeding America, according to the chain. Also, customers will be able to access a custom National Sandwich Day Snapchat filter while in the store.
The chain is offering a BOGO deal, available all day at participating Schlotzsky's restaurants nationwide, according to a company press release.
Penn Station East Coast Subs
Customers who purchase a sandwich at any Penn Station location on Nov. 3 can get a free sandwich of equal or lesser value with a limit of one deal per customer, according to a company press release.
"We wanted to thank our customers with this BOGO offer on our fresh grilled sandwiches on National Sandwich Day," said Penn Station President Craig Dunaway. “Penn Station rarely offers this kind of deal, so this is a special way for us to recognize National Sandwich Day."
Topics: Trends / Statistics