Digital 6 releases technology to 'improve effectiveness of food-safety practices'
Digital Six Laboratories, an Oklahoma-based corporation, is releasing FoodSafe.io technology, a comprehensive IoT solution designed to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of food-safety practices for restaurants, according to a company press release.
FoodSafe.io incorporates hand-washing monitoring, safety-inspection guidance and monitoring, and cold-storage monitoring to give owners a complete and continuous view into the state of their food safety without distracting them from other necessary tasks, Steve Montgomery, CEO of D6 Labs, said in the release.
"FoodSafe.io is an exciting technology that solves a serious problem facing society today: food safety," he said. "Using our proprietary long range, long battery life, wireless technology, we are able to automate monitoring of handwashing compliance, food refrigeration, and cooked food temperatures."
Other benefits of FoodSafe.io include:
- Owners or managers to receive alerts when something is amiss.
- A significant reduction in safety-log falsifications.
- Acute visibility into hand-washing compliance.
- Monitoring equipment for failure or maintenance related issues.
- Wireless temperature sensors.
Topics: Systems / Technology