Report: The display market set to reach $20 billion by 2024
Restaurant usage is helping to drive the overall display market to what is expected to be about $20 billion by 2024, according to a report by Global Market Insights. This growth is being driven significantly by the adoption of touchscreens in restaurants and elsewhere in retail.
More retailers are using touchscreen kiosks to allow customers to browse through products or checkout. Other findings in the report include:
- Growth of online and mobile payments is boosting the need for POS systems.
- 10-inch ATM display market is expected to grow rapidly.
- HD market is expected to witness fast growth
- South Korean market is expected to grow
- Lack of standardization of manufacturing will continue to challenge the industry.